Concerned about a child or young person? Call 0345 603 7627

What to do if you are concerned about radicalisation


Radicalisation Helpline - The NSPCC radicalisation helpline supports adults who have concerns about children and young people being radicalised or who need advice on how to talk to their children about issues related to terrorism. Telephone: 0808 800 5000.


Government Website - ACT Early | Prevent radicalisation


Any worker who has concerns someone is vulnerable to radicalisation should contact Essex Police Prevent team. If you have concerns a crime is being committed, planned, or you are aware of any terrorist activity please contact Essex Police on either 999 (if urgent) or 101 (for all other enquiries). Other referrals should be made to the Children & Families Hub using the current processes.


Parents and carers should be involved in discussion about any extremism concerns at the earliest point possible unless this would increase risk to a child or young person.


Professionals can report radical online material promoting terrorism or extremism via the government website.