Please note: Due to the current situation in relation to COVID-19, ESCB has made a decision to run all courses virtually until at least December 2021.
Safeguarding Children Level 2 (Virtual Session)
Training provider: Reconstruct are the commissioned provider of level 2 safeguarding children training in Essex.
Target audience: For those who work directly with children, young people and their families in Essex on a regular basis. There is a separate course for early years and childcare providers - please see the bottom of the page.
Course requirements: ESCB expects anyone attending this course has some safeguarding children knowledge.
Cost to participants:
Please see the course fees below, these are the new fees from April 2021
Essex Council for Voluntary Youth Service (ECVYS) members are able to attend at a reduced price
All other Voluntary/Charity Organisations
Health/Police/Probation services/Local government, schools and community interest companies
Private, independent and profit-making organisations
Aim: To develop an enhanced understanding of safeguarding children including identifying and responding to concerns.
- Recognise, respond to and how to share safeguarding concerns
- Understand the safeguarding roles of parents and carers and recognise factors that may impact on parenting capacity.
- Understand the diversity of different cultural and religious beliefs when working together to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
- Understanding and recognising the barriers for non-engagement and/or non-compliance by children, young people and/or their families
- To understand how to appropriately contribute to inter-agency assessment by gathering and sharing information appropriately
- Understand how to challenge other professionals and how to escalate concerns appropriately
- Understand boundaries of personal competence and responsibility; know when to involve others and where to get advice and support.
- Be able to communicate effectively and develop working relationships with other practitioners and professionals, children and families to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
- To have a working knowledge of the current SET Procedures & Working Together 2015
- To have a clear understanding of how families can access support across all levels of need
- To understand how to communicate effectively with children and young people
- Know how and when to consult with a safeguarding lead or designated safeguarding officer
- Being an effective advocate for children and families ensuring that the child’s wishes and feelings are taken into account at all times
- Be able to evidence their assessment of need using the Effective Support for Children and Families in Essex
- To be able to document concerns in a manner that is appropriate for safeguarding/child protection and legal processes
Safeguarding Children Level 2 for Early Years and Childcare Providers
Level 2 training is available via the Early Years and Childcare service within Essex County Council.
To book a place on the Level 2 training specifically for Early Years and Childcare practitioners please click here
Safeguarding Children Level 2 for in house/bespoke training courses
If you would like to discuss having level 2 safeguarding children package within your organisation please contact Reconstruct
By email firstname.lastname@example.org or call them on 01895 549910.