From April 2017, Southend, Essex and Thurrock (SET) have agreed a common approach to the role of the CSE Champion.
There will no longer be specific CSE Champions Training. In order to qualify for a CSE Champion role within Southend, Essex and Thurrock, the following standards must be achieved.
- Have a good working knowledge of safeguarding children and have completed safeguarding children level 2 course, or equivalent as a minimum
- Completed a minimum of a basic awareness CSE course (online or face to face)
- Completed the SET CSE Toolbox On Line Training Module
- Have support from line manager to be the CSE Champion in their team/organisation
- (SOUTHEND / ESSEX ONLY) Be a National Working Group (NWG) member
You must also complete a CSE Champions Request Form and email it to: email@example.com
Current CSE Champions will have until the end of January 2018 to ensure the standards above are completed and the CSE Champion Request Form signed and returned to the ESCB.
These standards ensure that all CSE Champions across SET have achieved a specific level of training / development and knowledge to ensure they are able to fulfil the role expectations.
To maintain your CSE Champion role each year - see below...