Concerned about a child or young person? Call 0345 603 7627

What to do if your child goes missing


If your child does not return home when you expect them to and you are worried, in the first instance you should try and find out where they are. Contact relatives or friends to see if they have seen them or know where they are. You should also search your property and local area to see if you can locate them. You should also:


However, if your child is missing or has run away from home, you must contact the police. Dial 999 in an emergency situation or call your local police force immediately on 101.


If you cannot locate your child following a telephone and physical search then you should report them missing to the police by dialing 101. You do not have to wait 24 hours before reporting them missing.


Find out more about Missing Children and what to do.