Concerned about a child or young person? Call 0345 603 7627

Child Exploitation (CE)

How can I support my child?

Parents/carers can discuss the differences between healthy and unhealthy relationships with their children, this is really important in helping highlight potential risks to them.


There are also practical steps you can take, such as:


This parent leaflet is a useful guide to help you talk to your child about CSE. 


Online Safety

Sometimes grooming and sexual exploitation takes place online. Make sure you know how to keep your children safe.


If you are worried about something that has happened online, help is available:


Police Parent Hotline

01245 452058

Parents Did You Know? 


Parents and carers can report any concerns about child exploitation by calling the hotline number which is staffed Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm, with voicemail available outside of these hours.



What to do if your child goes missing

If your child does not return home when you expect them to and you are worried, in the first instance you should try and find out where they are.Contact relatives or friends to see if they have seen them or know where they are. You should also search your property and local area to see if you can locate them. You should also:


However, if your child is missing or has run away from home, you must contact the police. Dial 999 in an emergency situation or call your local police force immediately on 101.


If you cannot locate your child following a telephone and physical search then you should report them missing to the police by dialing 101. You do not have to wait 24 hours before reporting them missing.


Find out more about Missing Children and what to do.


Catch 22   


Parents Against Child Exploitation (PACE)


Parents Against Child Exploitation (PACE) is the leading national charity working with parents and carers of sexually exploited children.

Pace helps parents across the UK understand what is happening to their child and how parents are the prime agents in helping their child exit exploitative relationships. 

It does this by offering: 



Further advice and support

Further advice and support around CSE can be accessed on the Getting Help page