Last updated by Chelsey Reynolds on Tuesday, February 5, 2019
It is estimated that there are in excess of 10,000 young carers in Essex who provide unpaid care to someone every day. Many young people don’t see themselves as carers and may not realise there is practical and emotional support available in Essex.
What the Young Carer Service will provide
Each quadrant will have a team of Young Carer Key Workers, delivered via ECC Youth Service. The Service will: Offer free personalised support to young carers and their families that will be developed with them around their need for help and the caring they do. The service offers:
- Confidential one-to-one support with a dedicated key worker in the area you live, including telephone support.
- Independent statutory assessment and personalised support relating to the needs
- Information, advice and guidance and assisting you to access other services to support you as a young carer.
- Training opportunities e.g. moving people safely, building confidence and self-esteem, fire safety and access to counselling services if needed.
- Respite activities to take you away from your caring role and meet other young carers and make new friends.
- Transition to adult carer services as you come up to 18.
Find out more and how to access support.