Stay Safe Conferences: Violence and Vulnerability - Working together to support young people and young adults at risk of exploitation
Working alongside the Stay Safe Groups, Essex Safeguarding Children Board will be hosting conferences in March and April 2020 funded by the Office of Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner (OPFCC) and we encourage you to attend in your local area to maximise networking opportunities. Similar conferences are also happening in Southend and Thurrock.
These conferences are part of the work of the Southend, Essex and Thurrock violence & vulnerability partnership. The partnership includes a range of organisations including the Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for Essex; Essex, Southend and Thurrock Councils; Essex Police; criminal justice agencies; health bodies; and the voluntary sector.
- Anyone working with people up to the age of 25 years in Essex
Aims of the conference:
- To promote the sharing of information and multi-agency working
- Sharing examples of good practice
- To increase knowledge and understanding of children exploitation
- Supporting young people who are at risk of exploitation transition into adulthood
Morning session - Key note speakers:
- University of Bedfordshire will be delivering a key note speech on responding to child exploitation
- NWG - key note speech on Exploitation and the transition into adulthood
Details of the afternoon sessions will be available shortly, Stay Safe groups in each local area are working to develop activities for the afternoon session which will include sharing examples of good practice locally.
Important booking information:
- Booking a place at the conference does not guarantee a place – to ensure varied multi-agency representation at events ESCB will confirm your place at the conference at least a month prior to the conference via the email provided when you book.
- The conferences are free of charge to attend but cancellation of your place with less than 15 working days’ notice or non-attendance on the day of the conference will incur a £50 charge. Please see the ESCB Charging and Cancellation policy for more information
- If you are unable to attend, please email email@example.com as soon as possible. You can nominate an appropriate colleague to attend in your place up to 48 hours before the conference without incurring a charge.