Online safety awareness session by The 2 Johns
Target audience: anyone working with children and families in Southend, Essex and Thurrock.
Overview - This session will look at:
- The online world and how our young people are using it. It will explore how they are navigating around restrictions and using the internet without parents knowledge.
- Content in regards to favourite apps and games
- Look at the dangers young people face, not only from predatory people, but also how they are being groomed in games which ranges from receiving gifts for the young player (typically Primary age) and being groomed on servers for the older players.
- Bullying across all age ranges
- The use that gangs make of the online world.
- Sexting and how the wrong reaction from a parent can destroy family relationships forever.
- How all young people are being influenced online and forming ideologies and views that might be different to the parents, which can also given them a skewed view of the work.
- How influencers work, which can lead our children to conduct dangerous challenges.
This session will explore solutions that parents and professionals can adopt to help keep children safe which includes how to use settings on apps to ensure safe use of games and how adults should approach the online arena