We are very pleased to inform you that following the closure of the Working Together Website, which hosted the Early Help E-leaning modules – Including Level 1 Safeguarding they are now available on ‘ECC Learn for Foster Carers and Partners’ site.
Please see the ‘LEARN User Guide 2018’ for information on how to navigate the new system.
This document provides guidance on:
- Locating e-learning
- Enrolling on courses (Foster Carers only)
The safeguarding level 1 course is in the process of being updated to reflect practice in Essex, SET Procedures 2018, Working Together 2018 and Keeping Children safe in Education 2018. Please ensure that you are familiar with local practice, further information can be found on the ESCB website.
Cost to participants:
Free online training.
Anyone working or volunteering with children, young people and their families in Essex who need a basic level of safeguarding knowledge.
Basic awareness safeguarding children training
- Understand signs and symptoms abuse
- Be aware of the inquiries and legislation underpinning child protection
- Know what to do if abuse is suspected
- Develop some useful assessment skills
- Be clear about sharing information with others
- Understand local child protection systems
- Transfer knowledge from this programme to the workplace
Please note that this course is administered by Essex County Council’s Essex Social Care Academy and any enquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact them on 0333 013 8906