The ESCB are currently offering joint FGM training with the Essex Safeguarding Adult Board.
This course is appropriate for anyone wanting an improved awareness of Honour Based Abuse (HBA) and Forced Marriage (FM) and the relevant legislation. Most appropriate for those wanting a greater understanding of the issues of Honour Based abuse.
By the end of the training day, delegates will:
- Understand the terminology used i.e. HBA and Forced Marriage
- Discuss risk factors associated with HBA and Forced Marriage
- Understand differences between arranged and forced marriage
- Understand the legislation in relation to HBA and Forced Marriage
- Reinforce the ‘One Chance Rule’
- Understand your roles and responsibilities in relation to HBA, incl. how to respond to cases of HBA and Forced Marriage
Price: £35 per person, this is non refundable. A substitution will be accepted if notified in writing prior to the event.
Duration: Half day 9:30-12:30 or 13:30-16:30
2nd February 2017 Chelmsford - 1:30-4:30