Update: Changes to Family Operations Hub 2016/17
There have been some changes to how those working with children and young people report a concern and access services for children and families in Essex.
Please read the updated information below, in order to be aware of the changes to how service requests are made.
Key changes to note:
- The Consultation phone line will continue to provide advice and guidance for professionals as it does now.
- The Priority phone line will also continue for professionals to refer concerns where children may be at immediate risk of significant harm.
Access to these phone lines is through calling Contact Essex on 0345 603 7627 and asking for either the ‘Consultation Line’ or ‘Priority Line’.
- The Family Operations Hub’s designated email account FOH@essex.gcsx.gov.uk will receive the Family Operations Request for Services form for all non-urgent service requests.
- As the Southend, Essex and Thurrock Safeguarding procedures require requests to be made or followed-up in writing, there is now an expectation that a completed Family Operations Request for Service form will be included in those emails.
- Email accounts email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org are no longer operational.
Enquiries and requests for information from Children and Families can also be made through: www.essex.gov.uk/ChildrenAndFamiliesEnquiries
Using this online portal will assist those partners who do not have access to secure or GCSx email accounts.
How to report a
concern about a child
If you are concerned that a child or young person
is being harmed or neglected or is at risk of this you should complete a Family Operations Request for Services (FORS) form and email it securely to FOH@essex.gcsx.gov.uk
If the child is at immediate risk of significant harm, then call the Family Operations Hub on 0345 603 7627 and ask for the ‘Priority line’
Out of hours: (5.30pm - 9.00am Monday - Thursday, 4.30pm-9.00am - Friday and
Bank holidays) Telephone: 0345 606 1212 Email: Emergency.DutyTeamOutOfHours@essex.gov.uk
If there is an immediate risk of harm
to a child then contact the Police on 999.
The Family Operations Hub continue to offer a consultation line for professionals providing advice and guidance. This can be accessed by calling 0345 603 7627 and asking for the ‘Consultation Line’.
Support for Children and Families
If a child or family you are working with need additional support then please check if they are eligible for Early Help or the Family Operations Hub Directory of Services is available for download on the Family Solutions website
Family Operations Request for Services (FORS form) N.B this replaces the ECC999 form. A
briefing note and Powerpoint presentation on the changes to the FORS form.